UK Visas and Immigration Services

We at Vanguard Solicitors provide a wide range of UK visas and immigration services. We are expert in all aspects of UK immigration law. Our expert immigration lawyers are always available to help you with whatever immigration issue you may have. With UK immigration law becoming increasingly complex with stringent requirements being imposed on applicants, you will benefit from our extensive experience. Our immigration lawyers are able to understand your needs, advise on the prospects of success and on potential pitfalls in pursuing your application. Working together, we will use our experience to find a solution that matches your needs wherever possible.

Do you wish to come to the UK to work or to set up a business? Our experienced UK work visa and immigration solicitors can help you with all types of UK Work Visa applications such as Tier 2 (General) visa, Innovator visa and Start-up visa etc.

Due to the wide range of professional opportunities in the UK, it is an attractive prospect for thousands of people looking to work or set up a business each year. However, to work in the UK you must be granted a work permit, also known as a work visa. The type of work visa you apply for is determined by a number of factors including: level of skill, length of stay and whether you will be an employee or setting up your own business.

Our UK immigration and family visa solicitors can help you with all types of UK Family Visa applications such as Fiance Visa, Spouse Visa, Civil Partner, Unmarried Partner, ILR as Victim of Domestic Violence, ILR as a Bereaved Partner, Children Visa and Access Rights to a Child in the UK. Contact us to find out about who these visas are for, how to apply, what are the UK family visa types, document requirements, your eligibility assessment and other available options for you. There are several different types of family visas depending on what you are coming to the UK to do. You may be joining your partner or parent, coming to look after your child or coming to look after an adult who needs to be looked after by a relative.

European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss nationals and family members have the right to come to the UK to work, study or join their families. Our specialist immigration lawyers can help with all types of EU Law Applications including EEA Family Permit, Residence Card, Derivative Residence Card, Retaining Right of Residence, Extended Family Members of EEA Nationals, Brexit EU Citizen etc. The EEA regulations may appear simple, but the law is constantly changing. It is easy to fall foul of the rules. That is people come to us to complete their EEA applications.

There are a number of reasons someone might want to visit the UK. This might include visiting family, doing business, to get married or for medical reasons. Depending on your nationality and the purpose of your visit, you might require a visit visa to the UK.

The UK has one of the most respected education systems in the world. It also has some of the most recognised universities and private schools. Competition is fierce for education courses. Therefore, it is important you don’t miss out by not having your student visa in place for important dates and interviews.

Indefinite Leave to Remain is also known as permanent residency, settlement or ILR. Indefinite Leave to Remain is the last step for any non-UK national/citizen to fulfil before becoming eligible to apply for British citizenship. You can apply for settlement once you have been resident in the United Kingdom for a qualifying period.

There are different ways to become a British citizen. The most common is called 'naturalisation'. You may be able to apply to become a British citizen by 'registration' in certain circumstances. Naturalisation/registration are the legal processes for a non-British citizen to become a British citizen. This is also known as, citizenship. There are several requirements to gain British citizenship. This often includes the culmination of many years spent in the UK under different visa categories.

You may be able to seek asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK if you have a well founded fear of being persecuted in your home country and the authorities of your country will not be able to offer you sufficient protection.

On 9 July 2012, the Home Office removed the 14 Year Long Residence Rule which allowed individuals without a visa a means to regularise their stay on the basis of the length of time they had spent in the UK. It was replaced by a new category based on a person's right to a 'private life' in the UK. Like its predecessor, this category potentially allows an individual with no lawful permission to apply to remain in the UK. An applicant will need to satisfy not only a suitability test but will also need to meet a minimum residency requirement. The length of time a person will need demonstrate they have been resident in the UK will depend on their age and circumstances.

To apply for British passport you must first hold British nationality.There are different ways to become a British citizen. The most common is called ‘naturalisation’. Once you have attained British Citizenship, you are permitted to proceed with an application for a British passport. You can also apply for a document to travel outside the UK if you're not British and can't use or get a passport from your country.

To employ skilled non-EEA workers, UK employers first have to apply for sponsor licence. But a refusal rate of 15% suggests employers are struggling to get the application process right.UK immigration rules are demanding on employers who want to bring talent to the UK. However, the ability for UK organisations to access skilled talent from overseas has never been more essential.

If you have made an application to the Home Office and it has been refused, you might be able to appeal that decision.Whilst it is not possible to appeal against every refusal, it may be possible to seek an Administrative or Judicial Review of that decision. Judicial Review is the procedure by which you can seek to challenge the decision, action or failure to act of a public body exercising a public law function. Appeals and reviews of decisions made by the Home Office can be complex and seeking the advice and assistance of an immigration specialist is highly recommended.

Anyone with limited or indefinite leave to remain in the UK could be liable for deportation or removal from the UK in certain circumstances. If you or your family member is at risk of deportation or removal or has been detained by the Home Office, you should seek specialist advice as early as possible. Our specialist immigration team in London can advise on liability to Deportation and Removal and on challenging decisions of the Home Office to deport or remove a person from the UK.

We can help former members of HM Armed forces and the Gurkha community continuing to fight the historic injustice caused by the failure of the Government to provide for settlement of individuals that have served in the Army.

In 1973, the UK became bound by the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) also referred to as the Ankara Agreement. Under the Ankara Agreement, Turkish nationals are allowed to establish themselves as a worker or in a business in the UK. After a certain period of time, this could allow a Turkish national to attain Permanent Residence in the UK. If you are a Turkish national considering your options of migrating to the UK, our team can assist you and help you understand the procedure.

If you are a Commonwealth citizen and have a grandparent who was born in the UK, you may be able to live and work in the UK on the basis of your UK Ancestry.

Do you need advice or help with your legal issues?

Our solicitors will hold your hands throughout the process, liaising with all relevant government bodies, including UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate, overseas agents and where necessary the courts.

Call us now Send an email Enquiry Form