Vanguard Solicitors

Our EU Law application lawyers can assist you with registration certificate as an EEA Qualified Person, if you are a citizen of the EEA or Switzerland. If an EEA national is exercising Treaty rights in the UK then s/he may request that s/he is issued with a registration certificate as confirmation of his/her right of residence under EC law. Application is made to the Home Office, UKBA using application form EEA (QP). Previously such application was submitted using application form EEA1.

The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 applies and interprets the UK's obligations under the Free Movement of Persons Directive 2004/38/EC into domestic law. The right given to EEA nationals under these regulations is commonly known as free movement rights.

Switzerland is not part of the EEA, but Swiss nationals and their family members also have the same free movement rights as EEA nationals.

Right of admission and right of residence

An EEA national has the right to enter the UK. They must show a valid national identity card or passport issued by an EEA state. This right is given under regulation 11 of the regulations. Once admitted to the UK, an EEA national may live here for up to three months under regulation 13 of the 2006 Immigration (EEA) Regulation.

Regulation 14 of the regulations gives an EEA national an extended right to remain in the UK as long as they continue to meet the condition of being a ‘qualified person’. For more information, see link on left: Conditions of free movement rights.

EEA member states

Countries that are part of the EEA are known as member states. Nationals of these countries are known as EEA nationals. The member states include countries in the European Union (EU) and also Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway, who are not part of the EU. The list below shows the EEA member states in alphabetical order.

Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria |Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hungary | Iceland | Irish Republic | Italy | Latvia | Liechtenstein | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Malta | Netherlands | Norway Poland | Portugal | Romania | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | United Kingdom

Nationals of Gibraltar have full British citizenship and are considered part of the European Economic Community. This means that people from Gibraltar have rights of free movement within EEA member states other than the UK. EEA nationals may also exercise free movement rights within Gibraltar.


On 1 June 2002 the agreement between the European Community, its member states and the Swiss Confederation on free movement rights came into force. The agreement gives Swiss nationals and their family members the same free movement rights as EEA nationals and their family members.

Why Choose Vanguard Solicitors?

Competitive Pricing
We offer a competitive price service, we may undercut others with our prices but that does not mean our service will be compromised in any way. We promise to maintain a high standard of work.

Dedicated Lawyer With Direct Access
You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, who have in- depth knowledge in the relevant are of law. Upon instructing you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Relevant Law Explained
Laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained regularly and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We will advise you on the law.

Highest Success Rate
We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Do you need advice or help with your legal issues?

Our solicitors will hold your hands throughout the process, liaising with all relevant government bodies, including UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate, overseas agents and where necessary the courts.

Call us now Send an email Enquiry Form