Vanguard Solicitors

If you are between the ages of 4 and 17, you are applicable for the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa. We can help you acquire the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa to study at an independent school in the UK, without any delay due to incorrect information or missing documents.

Eligibility Requirements: Applying for Child (Tier 4) Student Visa

Students can apply for the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa if:

  • An absolute offer of a place on a course with an accredited Tier 4 sponsor
  • Have consent from a parent or a legal guardian
  • Have sufficient money to support themselves financially and cover living costs and course fees
  • They belong to a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • They meet all the eligibility requirements

Students should apply for a Student Visa at least three months before they are due to travel to the United Kingdom. They will receive a decision on their student visa status within three weeks.

The status and rights of the EU nationals in the United Kingdom and UK nationals in the European Union remain unchanged as a result of the referendum.

Guidelines for parents of a child with a Tier 4 Visa in the UK:

  • The visa remains valid for either six or twelve months and they will need to apply for twelve months at a time, until their child turns twelve
  • Parents will receive a shorter visa and they will not be able to ask for an extensions if their child is going to turn twelve in the coming twelve months or they will complete their final year at school in the coming twelve months

Parents will be required to leave the United Kingdom and they will not be able to switch their visa to another category. If their child is staying in the UK without a parental guardian, the parent will be responsible for making proper housing arrangements.

Type of Course to Enrol

Students are required to select a course that falls under the following categories:

  • The Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF)
  • The National Curriculum
  • The Independent School Education Inspection Standards

Students can also select a course declared to be at the same academic level by:

  • The HM Inspectorate of Education in Scotland
  • The Estyn in Wales
  • The Office for Standards in Education in Ofsted
  • The Education and Training Inspectorate in Northern Ireland
  • The Independent Schools Inspectorate

Students are allowed to take a course to prepare them for the primary course such as a pre-sessional course. However, they are not allowed to take a foundation course, which is a course that prepares them to enter directly into a higher education institution.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Education

The student’s education provider can provide them with a reference number referred to as a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), once the institution accepts their application to take the course. Students will need to enter the reference number on their application. Their CAS covers both their primary and pre-sessional course. Students need to apply for the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa within six months after they have submitted their CAS.

Required Documents

Students need to submit the following documents when applying for the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa:

  • Valid passport or travel identification
  • Evidence they can support themselves and cover the course fees
  • Evidence of consent from a parent or legal guardian
  • Results of a tuberculosis (TB) exam if they belong to a country where taking the test is a requirement

The documents will be returned to the students within fourteen days.

Parents of a child on Tier 4 visa will need to provide the following documents:

  • Valid passport or travel identification
  • Results of a tuberculosis (TB) exam if they belong to a country where taking the test is a requirement
  • Evidence they have a permanent home in another country
  • Evidence they have sufficient money to support themselves and their children financially or have relatives to support them while they are in the UK
  • They have booked or they can afford to travel to exit the UK when their visa expires
  • They were not last admitted entry into the United Kingdom under the Approved Destination Status Agreement with China

Visa Extension

Students who wish to extend their Child (Tier 4) Student Visa need to meet the eligibility requirements established for the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa and should be present in the United Kingdom at the time of applying.

Students need to apply for the Child (Tier 4) Student Visa within six months of receiving the confirmation of acceptance for studies and before the expiration of date of their visa and should apply within three months before the their course is supposed to start. They can stay in the United Kingdom while they wait for their decision.

You must meet all the other eligibility requirements.

Why Choose Vanguard Solicitors?

Competitive Pricing
We offer a competitive price service, we may undercut others with our prices but that does not mean our service will be compromised in any way. We promise to maintain a high standard of work.

Dedicated Lawyer With Direct Access
You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, who have in- depth knowledge in the relevant are of law. Upon instructing you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Relevant Law Explained
Laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained regularly and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We will advise you on the law.

Highest Success Rate
We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Do you need advice or help with your legal issues?

Our solicitors will hold your hands throughout the process, liaising with all relevant government bodies, including UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate, overseas agents and where necessary the courts.

Call us now Send an email Enquiry Form