Vanguard Solicitors

Our experienced UK immigration and work visa solicitors can help you with your UK Investor (Tier 1) visa application if you want to invest £2000000 or more in the UK. This category is for high net worth individuals making a substantial investment in the UK. The investment must be at least £2 million in the UK by way of UK Government bonds, share capital or Loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.

You will be able to bring your spouse and children to the UK and you may eventually have the right to reside in the UK permanently and ultimately qualify for British Citizenship.

Immigration to the UK is arguably more difficult than ever. The requirements are tough, the law is complex and the rules and policies frequently change. On top of this UK Visas & Immigration has strict rules on the documentation needed to support applications. If the correct documents are not submitted in precisely the format required, the application will fail.

Despite this, We continue to have a successful track record for our clients.

The following is a basic overview. Please remember there is no substitute for seeking advice directly from one of our experts as every case is different and the law is constantly changing.


You must score 75 points for what are known as attributes as follows

  • Have money of your own, under your control, held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the UK amounting to no less than £2 million and
  • Have opened an account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2 million in the UK.

In this category, there is no requirement for you to have qualifications in English language.

You must make the investment of £2 million within 3 months, of what is known as the "specified date2. This will be the date you were granted entry clearance as a Tier 1 Investor or the date of entry to the UK. If you were granted Leave to Remain as a Tier 1 Investor, this will be the date you were granted leave to remain as shown on your approval letter.

If you have held the funds for less than 3 months you will need to provide evidence of their source. Types of evidence for the source of the funds can include:

  • Divorce settlement
  • Evidence form a business
  • Award of winnings
  • A gift
  • Deeds of sale
  • A will

The Entry Clearance Officer must not have reasonable grounds to believe you are not in control of the funds and at liberty to freely invest the money or that the money was obtained unlawfully.

Overseas Criminal Record Certificate

You will need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously for 12 months or more in the 10 years prior to your application since aged 18 years old issued by the overseas authority. This must be an original certificate and with a certified translation. The Certificate must have been issued within 6 months of the application or within the expressed validity period of the document, whichever is the shorter.

Length of stay

If successful, your visa will be valid for 3 years and 4 months, or 3 years if you are already in the UK and switching from another category.

Extensions of stay

(for those who initially applied prior to 6th November 2014)

In this category, you can extend your stay if you have maintained your investment of not less than £750,000 of your capital in the UK by way of UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in trading UK registered companies other than those principally engaged in property investments, and have invested the remaining balance of the £1m in the UK for the purchase of assets or by maintaining the money on deposit in a UK regulated financial institution.

Extension of Stay

(for those who initially applied after 6th November 2014)

In order to extend your leave as a Tier 1 (Investor), you must show that you have continuously invested not less than £2 million in the UK by way of UK Government bonds, share capital or Loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.

Settlement – Indefinite Leave to Remain

You may qualify for settlement when you have remained in the UK for 5 years. This can be accelerated to 3 years if you have maintained your investment in the UK of £5m or 2 years where you have maintained an investment of £10m or more.

You must maintain the required level of investment for the continuous period since making the initial investment.

Continuous Residence:

You can now spend up to 180 days (6 months) a year outside the UK and still qualify for settlement/indefinite leave to remain.

British Citizenship

Our overriding aim, is to not only ensure that you obtain your visa to enter the UK, but also to make sure that you are in the best possible position to make a successful application for your extension of stay and ultimately settlement. Once you have been settled in the UK for 12 Months, you may be eligible to apply for Naturalisation as a British Citizen should you so wish. We can also help you with your applications for British Nationality.

Why Choose Vanguard Solicitors?

Competitive Pricing
We offer a competitive price service, we may undercut others with our prices but that does not mean our service will be compromised in any way. We promise to maintain a high standard of work.

Dedicated Lawyer With Direct Access
You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, who have in- depth knowledge in the relevant are of law. Upon instructing you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Relevant Law Explained
Laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained regularly and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We will advise you on the law.

Highest Success Rate
We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Do you need advice or help with your legal issues?

Our solicitors will hold your hands throughout the process, liaising with all relevant government bodies, including UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate, overseas agents and where necessary the courts.

Call us now Send an email Enquiry Form